Do it on your mobile – in the wild!
- iPhone and Android Ready.
- Create , and upload your locations when you discover them.
- Geolocate your position in the wild on 3G and Edge connections.
- Access all Dreamstops locations on the go.
- No App to install just visit dreamstops.com on your iPhone or Android device.
The mobile version is here!
Its been along time coming and we always new that being able to create a location on your mobile (when you discover it) was the key to making Dreamstops a practical solution. We’ve sweated, tested and drunk a lot of coffee but we think we have come up with a good first mobile solution for Dreamstops. There are still a few things we would like to improve, but we are looking for a bit of feedback first; If you think of an obvious improvement then we would love to here from you! Just make your suggestions on our road map page.
Getting the most out of the mobile version
We have optimized the mobile version for iPhone & Android mobile devices, using the pre-installed default browsers. Other browsers such as: Opera Mini, Opera Mobile, skyfire, Dolphin etc may produce unwanted performance problems… But hey since when was my life perfect? So stick to your devices DEFAULT BROWSER when using dreamstops.com and you’ll be loving your day out.
What is it?
For those who don’t know: Geolocation in short is the practice of determining the physical, real world location of a person or device using digital information processed through the Internet or other electronic means of communication…. sound a bit techy? well it is, but not for you!
All you have to do is click the “Find My Location” Button when you create your locations and we handle the techy bit.
Geolocation and Accuracy
We have tested the Geolocation feature on the most popular devices and the best results (highest accuracy) were definitely on the newer more expensive devices, which is logical really. These higher quality devices have a better GPS system built in… its that simple. By far the very best performing device was the iPhone 4 (which you can see in the video demo above).
For best results
- Ensure you have LOCATION SERVICES TURNED ON in your smartphones device settings. If you try to geolocate with this off you will see a message from us prompting you to turn this on.
- Don’t try to geolocate indoors (ie: inside a vehicle or building) these things obscure satellites from getting an accurate fix on your location.
- 3G provides the best results for geolocation, but it still works on the (very limited speed) Edge network…. its just a bit slow but it works.
- No internet connection means no geolocation. So if your on top of Everest don’t expect this to work! Both 3G and Edge cover 95% of the UK so you should be good in most places.
- iPhone Users – You will not be able to upload photos on your mobile. Annoying I know, but apple just don’t allow this through a browser.
You will just have to do this on your regular computer when you return from your trip.
Join us – It’s all FREE!
Dive right in and put your mark on the map. Here’s 5 great reasons to join us:
- Create , Save and Share your favorite locations in one convenient place.
- Create your own location groups around your favorite outdoor activities.
- Join existing location groups and have new locations automatically emailed to you.
- Get instant directions to any of our listed locations
- Keep individual locations you create public or private….Its up to you!
Help shape our future
Your opinions matter to us and we like to listen. So if you think something could be improved or you would like to see a new feature? Just visit our Road Map and share your ideas with us. You can also show your support for up and coming changes and features, by voting for them.